How to Write Your Personal Profile
In the making of this video of how to write your personal profile, we looked at the top three books about CV writing on Amazon – The CV Book by James Innes, How to Write a Brilliant CV and Perfect CV.
When it comes to CV writing, what is a personal profile?
– It comes at the top of your CV that conveys your personal and professional characteristics.
– It conveys your individualism and should spark and interest in you as a candidate.
How should you write it?
– It should be 5 to 10 lines in length
– Be written in third person.
– It’s best to write a long version first and then cut it back.
Here is an example of good CV writing:
‘A dedicated and compassionate medical professional who specialises in spinal neurosurgery. Is able to demonstrate strong clinical expertise with proven ability to assess and investigate patient symptoms and make appropriate decisions on the treatment accordingly.
Committed to the field of research and development with the aim of improving standards of medical practice through the use of technological advances. A valuable member, and leader of successful mulch-disciplinary team who thrives in highly pressurised and challenging working environments.’
It’s important to make your personal profile unique and stand out from the crowd. Remember, recruiters will only look at your CV for 30 seconds to be sure to write something that grabs their attention! The personal profile is therefore a very important section of your CV.